6.7.09

revisiting music

Hey, has anyone heard any music? It's awesome. I'm re-visiting my high school PJ Harvey fixation. The cover of Rid of Me, she's all flinging her hair and those eyebrows! Anyway...

I've been listening to Antony and the Johnsons, which is sort of making me explode with joy if only for the simple fact that here is an incredible transgendered musician playing with other incredible musicians. I've had this one song by Antony for two years with no idea who this guy was, so then I remembered someone telling me who it was in Guatemala. It was stuck in my head with Andrew Bird, also frequently on the media player these last three days.

It has been a media-filled few days, for sure. I've been watching Twin Peaks, I don't know if I've mentioned, and it's sort of occupying my thoughts from time to time. David Lynch is such a good weirdo.

All right, that is all.

:)

ps- Micachu is a sweet, smart little punky girl. Blueberry Boat is a great Fiery Furnaces album, and Devendra Banhart's Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon is just sweet. In case anyone shares my taste in music.

3 comments:

Allen said...

I love Antony. Cripple & The Starfish and Aeon are my overall favorites but he never penned a bad song.

abby said...

At this point I'm still absorbing, no favorites bubbling up just yet. Got any musical recommendations? I like music that is beautiful.

Allen said...

Shearwater. Especially the album "Rooks".